Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Being Grindful - Unlocking the Magic of Roasting

 

Covid-19 has been a challenge for everyone, regardless of your feelings toward the Pandemic Response.  It fundamentally changed the entire structure of the systems we have all fallen in love with.  However, it also gave alot of individuals the opportunity to reconnect with what is important to them.  For our family, it gave us enough time to breathe re-establish some routines we had lot track of.  I have always been avid collector of hobbies but I found myself reconnecting to my kitchen.  As a result, we only eat home baked bread. 


However, my wife, has never really had the focus to establish a hobby over the long run.  Well, Covid changed that for her and as a result she took up the quest of Coffee Roasting.  I am just a beneficiary of the magic that takes place as you rotate the beans over the heat element.  The smells, tastes, and sounds are worth it.  Every month she fills our half gallon ball jars with fresh roasted coffee and the house is filled with the coffee house aroma.  The only casualty is the Fire alarm for the few hours of roasting........


Do I think everyone should get into Coffee Roasting.  Well I don't think it would hurt!  Some critics argue that it doesn't really recouperate in costs.  I would disagree with that because it saves me $20 to $30 a week in coffee trips.  Once, you taste a fresh ground coffee that was made by your hands, you will never look at the big chain stores the same again.  Not to mention, we give away pounds of coffee to all of our friends and business associates during the Holiday season.  Ask around!  It is more common than you would think.  Once you find a friend who does ask if you can tag along for a Roast!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment